If you’re like me, working from home, cut off from beloved coffee shops, restaurants, exercise venues, and public gathering spaces—not to mention just plain hugging other human beings—all combined with being concerned for my at-risk loved ones, is taking its toll. It’s a time of great concern and uncertainty.
What I know is we cannot let the conditions in our environment create separation and division. This is a time for us to stand together, to create unity and to remember our oneness. It’s a time for us to consider how we can emerge stronger as we shelter in place and weather this terrible COVID-19 storm.
I once heard American author and Franciscan priest Richard Rohr, say, “If you’re wondering what to do, look at your hands. The experiences, challenges, wounds, and gifts you were given are yours for a reason. Share. That is your purpose.”
It is in that spirit that I send this invitation, from my heart to yours.
Beginning in April 2020 and for three consecutive Wednesdays, I’m offering free LIVE events called “Shifting While We Shelter.” In this series, we will explore the uncharted territory we find ourselves in, help each other stay courageous and connected, and add to the collective energy of love, compassion, and support on the planet. We will do this by using principles and practices in advanced psychology, communications, consciousness, and leadership development.
The “Shifting While We Shelter” free LIVE event series will offer tips on:
- How to embrace crisis with courage
- Meeting Survival Brain (a.k.a. anxiety, irritability, stress) with integrity & skill
- Staying inspired in difficult times
- Stepping into our strongest selves when we’re feeling weak
- Using the power of language to support us in emerging stronger
- Redirecting our energy from inefficient to efficient ways of being
- Growing emotionally, mentally and spiritually in times of disruption and chaos
Together, we can meet the unknown with curiosity and courage. Let’s commit to using these five guidelines as we gather:
- Let’s agree to be real with each other.
- Let’s learn about how to support each other.
- Let’s honor the whole spectrum of the human experience.
- Let’s offer ourselves and others a space for community and connection.
- Let’s remind each other who we really are.
We need each other, now more than ever. I hope you’ll join me and share this invitation with anyone you feel could benefit.